Home Forums Assignments ASSIGNMENT #1: Introduce yourself! (Due December 2 at 12 p.m. EST)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jasmine swedan jasmine swedan 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Reem Al Janahi
    Reem Al Janahi
    Participant

Hello! My name is Reem Al Janahi, I’m a 9th grader in Qatar Academy Doha. I love learning about new places/people around the world and have a great passion for science and acting. What I am excited about this program is that I will be able to meet and work with new people, along with the fact that what we are working on will be able to impact a bigger audience.

Profile photo of ward beshtawi
    ward beshtawi
    Participant

Hi,my name is ward beshtawi I’m in 11th grade,Ive lived all my life in Qatar and entered may school and curriculum’s .I like to play football, I also like to be able to understand and know everything that i go through.What Im most exited for in the c2a yallah program is to understand more about the UN goals for 2030 and how will they be able to do it.

Profile photo of Juntae Park
    Juntae Park
    Participant

Hello, my name is Juntae Park, and I am a 10th grader in Qatar Academy Doha. I’ve moved to Qatar when I was 9 from South Korea. Living in Doha has allowed me to truly become a global citizen and participate in these international events, and through this I was able to develop to think about the future and how we can improve it. South Korea has overcome many struggles but still faces challenges today, the most prominent example being its infamous neighbour, North Korea, and the current political corruption which the people are fighting against. I see many negativities in my distant homeland but also here, in Qatar, which is within my capabilities of improving. I hope to make a positive change in the world, through this program and further in my life.

Profile photo of Jennifer Geist
    Jennifer Geist
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone!
    I am looking forward to “meeting you” today in the first video conference! I am Jennifer and I will be calling in from Guatemala where I am currently working for an educational NGO. Interesting things about me include: I speak Spanish and love languages. I have 2 daughters, 3 chickens and a cat named Jack.

I am really excited about C2A because through Service Learning, I have seen some young people accomplish incredible things, make real change in the world, and grow in their personal and professional lives SO much in the process. This experience may literally influence some of the choices you make going forward in your life- and you may make friends and connections that will last forever, helping you to do your good work in your life. I will be your Project Mentor after the training is over. I will be available to you for whatever you need, as a resource, inspiration, a coach, a cheerleader and a co-thinker. If need support, all you have to do it ask. See you soon! Jennifer

Profile photo of jasmine swedan
    jasmine swedan
    Participant

Hi my name is Jasmine Swedan. I’m in grade 10 and studying in Edmonton Alberta. What I’m out to accomplish for my future is to become a doctor either with children or working with psychology.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Assignments’ is closed to new topics and replies.