1. Plastic Turtles
2. Juntae Park (Doha, Qatar)
Ayah Al Ansari (Doha, Qatar)
3. Goal #11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
Goal #14: Life Below Water
Tell us HOW your project is evolving:
4. Initially, we had planned to have a big event that would receive a lot of publicity. Instead, to make sure there’s a better impact we decided we…[Read more]
Dana Al Ali replied to the topic ASSIGNMENT #4: Action (due December 26 at 12 p.m. EST) in the forum Assignments 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Short Term Goals:
1. Create a presentation about water pollution and the effects it has on sea turtles to present to children.
2. Organize a meeting with either the Friends of the Environment Center or the Qatar Marine Conservation to further extend raising awareness on water pollution and its solutions (recycling).
3. Set time during the day to…[Read more]
Dana Al Ali replied to the topic ASSIGNMENT #3: Preparation(due December 16 at 8 a.m. EST) in the forum Assignments 2 months ago
From the videos, I chose to watch and take notes on Diversity, Youth Voice and Partnerships.
I chose the video on Partnerships to share. The video discusses the role of partnerships in a project. It talks about how one teacher was able to create a service learning project through partnerships and creating relationships.
From that video, I took…[Read more]
Dana Al Ali replied to the topic ASSIGNMENT #2: Investigation and Planning (due December 9 at 8 a.m. EST) in the forum Assignments 2 months, 1 week ago
For step 2 of assignment #2, I went an a community walk about in an area in Doha called the Corniche. This area surrounds part of the Arabian Gulf that envelopes Qatar. It extends all the way to the Museum of Islamic Art which includes a park. As I was walking through this area, there were several ethnicities and age groups ranging from month old…[Read more]
Dana Al Ali replied to the topic ASSIGNMENT #1: Introduce yourself! (Due December 2 at 12 p.m. EST) in the forum Assignments 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello! My name is Dana Al Ali. I am from Qatar. I am currently a sophomore at Qatar Academy Doha. I have a passion for animals and the sciences.I also love traveling around the world and experiencing new places and cultures. What I am most excited about this conference is being able to meet new people, as well getting introduced to fresh ideas,…[Read more]